About Substitute Orientation and Training
Substitute orientation and skills training is provided online through STEDI.org, a division
of the Substitute Teaching Institute of the University of Utah. This online series
consists of two parts: SubOrientation Course and SubSkills Training Course.
Upon successful completion of the training modules,
you can print out a SubDiploma which you will submit along with the other required
paperwork to be placed on our Substitute Teacher List.
Online SubOrientation and SubSkills Course Information
For $39.95 you will receive:
- Unlimited access to the SubOrientation and SubSkills online courses for one year
- Online Substitute Teacher Manual
- Access to the vast array of online resources available through STEDI.org
Accessing the SubOrientation and SubSkills courses:
- Click the large button below to go to STEDI.org's website.
- Select Purchase Training.
- Select SubSkills Online Training Course for $39.95 and add to cart.
- In your cart, verify your course and select Proceed to Checkout.
- Fill in the required information to create an account.
- In the District box, be sure to select Summit County ESC as your district. (Do NOT select the individual district(s) that you are interested in subbing for.)
- Remember or write down your password.
- Visa and Mastercard are accepted, but you may contact them by phone if you wish to pay by check.
- Once your order is processed, you may begin taking the SubOrientation and SubSkills courses immediately by selecting Go to Course.
Begin the SubOrientation & SubSkills Courses
If you have any difficulty with the Online SubOrientation or SubSkills course, you MUST call STEDI.org directly at 1-800-922-4693.