About Paraprofessional Substitute Orientation and Training
Substitute paraprofessional orientation and skills training is provided online through STEDI.org, a division of the Substitute Teaching Institute of the University of Utah. This online series consists of two parts: ParaeducatorOrientation Course and ParaeducatorSkills Training Course.
Upon successful completion of the training modules, you can print out a Paraeducator Diploma which you will submit along with the other required paperwork to be placed on our Substitute Paraprofessional List.
Online ParaeducatorOrientation and ParaeducatorSkills Course Information
For $19.95 you will receive:
- Unlimited access to the ParaeducatorOrientation and ParaeducatorSkills online courses for one year
- Access to the vast array of online resources available through STEDI.org
Accessing the SubOrientation and ParaEducatorSkills courses:
- Click the large button below to go to STEDI.org's order page.
- Select Purchase Training.
- Under Paraeducators, select Paraeducator Training Package for $19.95
- In your cart, verify your course and select Proceed to Checkout.
- Fill in the required information to create an account.
- In the District box, be sure to select Summit County ESC as your district. (Do NOT select the individual district(s) that you are interested in subbing for.)
- Remember or write down your password.
- Visa and Mastercard are accepted, but you may contact them by phone if you wish to pay by check
- Once your order is processed, you may begin taking the Paraeducator Orientation and Paraeducator Training courses immediately by selecting Go to Course.
Begin the Paraeducator Orientation & Paraeductor Training Courses
If you have any difficulty with the Online SubOrientation or SubSkills course, you MUST call STEDI.org directly at 1-800-922-4693.