About Your Professional Development
Professional development is required for continued licensure for all educators and administrators. To be of high quality, professional development is guided by the learning needs of all students, includes accepted theory on the learning needs of educators and incorporates a planned progression for improvement on a continuing basis. A professional development plan that fulfills the licensure renewal requirements is based on the needs of the educator, the students, the school, and the school district in which the educator is currently employed.
An educator/staff member wishing to renew a professional license must receive the approval of his or her Local Professional Development Committee for an Individual Professional Development Plan and complete the required amount of professional development during their renewal cycle:
- Six semester hours of coursework related to classroom teaching and/or the area of licensure; or
- 180 contact hours (or 18 CEUs) in workshops or equivalent activities related to their IPDP goals as approved by their Local Professional Development Committee.
- Coursework, workshops, or other equivalent activities may be combined.
Click on the links below to obtain more information about each of these topics.
- Using the LPDC Online Form Management System
- Professional Development Domains
- LPDC By-Laws
- Equivalent Activities Options Chart
Meeting Dates for 2017 - 2018
|September 8, 2017||10:30 am||Computer Lab|
|October 20, 2017||10:30 am||Computer Lab|
|November 17, 2017||10:30 am||Computer Lab|
|December 15, 2017||10:30 am||Computer Lab|
|January 19, 2018||10:30 am||Computer Lab|
|February 16, 2018||10:30 am||Computer Lab|
|March 23, 2018||10:30 am||Computer Lab|
|April 20, 2018||10:30 am||Computer Lab|
|May 18, 2018||10:30 am||Computer Lab|
Materials should be submitted by noon on the day prior each meeting to:
Tom Jansen, LPDC Secretary,
Phone: (330)945-5600 x511283
Fax: (330) 945-6222